By Noël Valis
Novelist-critic Leopoldo Alas's acceptance suffered forget and silent reproval in the course of a lot of the 20 th century, particularly less than the Franco regime, yet his attractiveness has now accomplished vintage prestige in Spain. in actual fact with regards to this is often the nice raise within the variety of translations - Julian Barnes referred to as los angeles Regenta 'the overseas vintage tardily discovered'. This bibliography selections up the place the 1st one left off in 1984. it really is divided into basic fabric and secondary fabric. basic fabric comprises: Anthologies and decisions; feedback; Novels; brief tale Collections; performs; Correspondence; Prologues; Reprints; Translations; and Miscellaneous, with new different types: autograph manuscripts and iconography.
Read Online or Download Leopoldo Alas (Clarín): An Annotated Bibliography: Supplement I (Research Bibliographies and Checklists: new series) PDF
Similar authors books
Key dimensions of Thomas Mann's writing and existence are explored during this number of specifically commissioned essays. as well as introductory chapters on the entire major works of fiction and the essays and diaries, there are 4 chapters interpreting Mann's oeuvre on the subject of significant subject matters. a last bankruptcy seems to be on the pitfalls of translating Mann into English.
Remembering the edge of male discrimination she time and again persevered in the course of her profession as a newspaper-woman, the writer wistfully remembers the damage of being missed, snubbed, and ribbed by means of her male colleagues
"Lives Like Loaded weapons. .. reads like a wonderful detective tale. .. [Gordon] takes us into undiscovered territory. " --The Washington Post , a nice spouse to fanatics of the film A Quiet Passion, starring Cynthia Nixon as Emily Dickinson. In 1882, Emily Dickinson's brother, Austin, started an adulterous love affair with the entire and ravishing Mabel Todd, surroundings in movement a sequence of occasions that may perpetually swap the lives of the Dickinson relatives.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay: University of Minnesota Pamphlets on American Writers (Minnesota Archive Editions)
- The Life and Work of Oscar Micheaux: Pioneer Black Author and Filmmaker 1884-1951
- Wendy and the Lost Boys: The Uncommon Life of Wendy Wasserstein
- Jonathan Swift: His Life and His World (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-century Culture & History)
- Alice in Jamesland: The Story of Alice Howe Gibbens James
Additional resources for Leopoldo Alas (Clarín): An Annotated Bibliography: Supplement I (Research Bibliographies and Checklists: new series)
L. 1987). 21. Anon. 1987), 55. 22. Anon. 1987). 23. Anon. 6 (Jan. 1988), 34. 24. Anon. 19 (Nov. 1987), 8. Su único hijo Ai17 Son fils unique. Trans. Claude Bleton (Paris: Arthème Fayard, 1990). 291 pp. 9–11). Lightly annotated. Short Story El gallo de Sócrates y otros cuentos Ai18 Le Coq de Socrate et autres contes. Trans. Yvan Lissorgues & Jean-François Botrel, Ibériques Collection (Paris: Librairie José Corti, 1992). 353 pp. 9–34). , this selection of stories is not the 1901 El gallo de Sócrates.
15. 1875]); also in 1:Ab28. 98. Orig. 1879), 189. Also in 1:B744. 198– 202. Orig. 33–35, 38–39, 42. 205–6. Orig. 1895). 314 (Sept. 793. Orig. 8 (1894). See also Aj19. 392. Orig. 1899), 2. 242–44. First publ. 1900). On Tolstoy’s Resurrection and Menéndez y Pelayo’s Antología de poetas líricos castellanos, IX. Ah66 ‘Un buen propósito. 790–91. Orig. 1882), 1–2. Ah67 ‘Un buen propósito. 791–92. Orig. 1882), 1–2. 99–101. 1900). 9, 11, 6, 14. 1882) (and possibly also El Día [M]). 658–71. 162–67. Orig.
29–81). Ed. based on initial publication, with reference to later eds. R. discusses the preProustian ‘Cuesta abajo’; the relationship of ‘Palomares’ and ‘Tambor y gaita’ to LR; that of ‘Sinfonía de dos novelas’ and ‘Speraindeo’ to SUH; LA’s role in the collectively authored Las vírgenes locas and his attitude toward melodrama. Contents: ‘Cuesta abajo’; ‘Palomares’; ‘Tambor y gaita’; ‘Sinfonía de dos novelas’; ‘Speraindeo’. Appendix: ‘Las vírgenes locas’. Reviews: 1. García-Posada, Miguel. 1986), iv.