By Iris Xie, Krystyna Matusiak
Discover electronic Libraries: idea and Practice is a booklet that integrates either learn and perform bearing on electronic library improvement, use, protection, and evaluate. the mix of present learn and functional directions is a different energy of this ebook. The authors convey in-depth services on various electronic library concerns and synthesize theoretical and sensible views correct to researchers, practitioners, and students.
The e-book offers a finished evaluation of the several techniques and instruments for electronic library improvement, together with discussions of the social and criminal concerns linked to electronic libraries. Readers will locate present learn and the easiest practices of electronic libraries, delivering either US and foreign views at the improvement of electronic libraries and their elements, together with assortment, digitization, metadata, interface layout, sustainability, maintenance, retrieval, and overview of electronic libraries.
- Offers an outline of electronic libraries and the conceptual and useful knowing of electronic libraries
- Presents the lifecycle of electronic library layout, use, renovation and review, together with assortment improvement, digitization of static and multimedia assets, metadata, electronic library improvement and interface layout, electronic details looking, electronic renovation, and electronic library evaluation
- Synthesizes present study and the easiest practices of electronic libraries, offering either US and foreign views at the improvement of electronic libraries
- Introduces new advancements within the zone of electronic libraries, equivalent to large-scale electronic libraries, social media functions in electronic libraries, multilingual electronic libraries, electronic curation, associated information, fast catch, guidance for the digitization of multimedia resources
- Highlights the impression, demanding situations, feedback for overcoming those demanding situations, and developments of current and destiny improvement of electronic libraries deals a entire bibliography for every chapter
Read or Download Discover Digital Libraries: Theory and Practice PDF
Similar library management books
Each seven seconds, a toddler boomer turns 50. So. .. who makes up the fastest-growing phase of strength library clients? because the inhabitants methods fifty five and above, libraries are confronted with an untapped chance to serve a continually underserved inhabitants. As she explains the bits and bobs of making plans, constructing, advertising and marketing, and investment profitable courses and providers to the graying inhabitants, longtime outreach and entry suggest Barbara pals demonstrates how libraries can make the most of supplying top-notch courses and prone for older adults.
By means of concentrating on supply and keep watch over method actions, ITIL carrier Operation describes how a hugely fascinating regular kingdom of handling prone should be completed on a day by day foundation. Key positive factors The up to date ITIL courses proportion an identical regular constitution (including known content material in Chapters 1, 2 and six) to enhance consistency and relief navigation.
This publication discusses the improvement of library and knowledge providers in China and the impression of the nation's political and social stipulations on that develpment. the writer in brief experiences the background of chinese language libraries and librarianship, then describes chinese language library providers within the first 1/2 the twentieth century.
This publication explores discrete-time dynamic optimization and gives an in depth creation to either deterministic and stochastic types. masking issues of finite and limitless horizon, in addition to Markov renewal courses, Bayesian keep an eye on types and in part observable strategies, the e-book makes a speciality of the right modelling of functions in various parts, together with operations examine, desktop technological know-how, arithmetic, statistics, engineering, economics and finance.
- The Strategic Management of Technology. A Guide for Library and Information Services, 1st Edition
- The Learning Commons: Seven Simple Steps to Transform Your Library
- Method in the Madness: Research Stories You Won’t Read in Textbooks
- Creating the Customer-Driven Academic Library
- Museum Management and Marketing (Leicester Readers in Museum Studies)
Extra info for Discover Digital Libraries: Theory and Practice
5 pages per article from 1997 to 2007. • Fourth, the average cost to maintain the content and access per institution may decrease along the way. The costs for larger institutions and medium/small institutions are different. While large institutions experience declining cost per use, medium/small institutions’ costs increase. JSTOR played a significant role in facilitating the transition from print to electronic publishing in serial publications. However, creating the JSTOR repository was not an easy task.
2006). Metadata aggregation and automated digital libraries: a retrospective on the NSDL experience. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries. ACM, New York, NY, pp. 230–239. , 2005. What is a digital library anyway, anymore? Beyond search and access in the NSDL. D-Lib Mag. html. , 1995. Accessing spatial data online: project Alexandria. Information technology and libraries 14 (2), 93. , 2009. Academic digital libraries of the future: an environment scan. New Rev.
From the practice perspective, there is a lack of guidelines for the management of digital libraries. Evolution of digital libraries 21 BUILDING THE CONTENT AND OPENING ACCESS: 2000s In the 2000s, digital library development rose to a new level. “By the end of the 1990s, digital libraries were no longer a novelty” (Arms, 2012, p. 583). Meanwhile, government funding ended. “As of 2005, it seems a virtual certainty that substantial programmatic US government funding of digital libraries research in terms of the construction of prototype systems is at an end” (Lynch, 2005, para.