By Christopher Negus
- This thoroughly remodeled version covers the standard Linux flavors in addition to a few interesting new distributions-Ubuntu, Mepis, Arch Linux, and 4 others
- Ideal for clients making plans the transition to Linux who are looking to pattern varied distributions to work out which one top meets their needs
- Includes new sections on sensible makes use of for Linux, cool multimedia apps, speedy messaging, BitTorrent, and more desirable safety techniques
- Valuable info for process directors who have to manage safe, absolutely functioning Linux servers
- Bonus DVD is the single one out there to incorporate ten Linux distributions readers can try
The Definitive Guide to Linux Network Programming (Expert's by Nathan Yocom, Visit Amazon's John Turner Page, search
By Nathan Yocom, Visit Amazon's John Turner Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, John Turner, , Visit Amazon's Keir Davis Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Keir Davis,
* transparent and ample examples, utilizing real-world code, written through 3 skilled builders who write networking code for a residing.
* Describes the way to construct consumers and servers, explains how TCP, UDP, and IP paintings, and indicates the best way to debug networking functions through packet sniffing and deconstruction.
* like minded for home windows developer trying to extend to Linux, or for the educated Linux developer trying to include client-server programming into their software.
By John Chirillo
Get the e-book that exhibits you not just what--but how--to study
- Complete assurance of all reputable examination objectives
- Exam Readiness record on the entrance of the book--you’re prepared for the checks whilst all goals at the checklist are checked off
- Real-world exercises--Step-by-step guide modeled after the hands-on examination questions
- Inside the examination sections in each bankruptcy spotlight key examination themes covered
- Simulated examination questions fit the layout, tone, themes, and hassle of the genuine exams
Covers all sunlight qualified defense Administrator issues, together with: assaults, causes, and techniques * top defense Practices * Logging and approach Accounting * Auditing, making plans, and administration * equipment, method, and dossier defense * Denial of carrier and distant entry assaults * entry keep an eye on * Solaris Cryptographic Framework * Authentication * safe Shell
The most sensible totally built-in research procedure to be had. digital content material includes:
- Complete MasterExam perform checking out engine, featuring:
- One complete perform exam
- Detailed solutions with explanations
- Score document functionality evaluate tool
- Electronic booklet for learning at the go
with loose on-line registration:
- Bonus downloadable MasterExam perform test
About the Authors: John Chirillo, CISSP, ISSAP, CCNP, ASE, SCSA, is a Senior Internetworking Engineer at ValCom and the writer of numerous machine protection books. Edgar Danielyan, CISSP, CIW, Security+, CCNA, CCDP, CWNA, is a Solaris defense specialist and author.
By IBM Redbooks
This IBM Redbook describes how you can run the IBM Lotus Domino 6 server at the Linux platform. whereas Lotus Domino 6 is platform-independent, a few particular wisdom concerning the platform and configuration is needed to make sure that the Domino 6 server is working such a lot successfully. The ebook offers particular directions for fitting Linux and Domino 6 for Linux, and describes easy methods to in attaining greatest functionality of your method. approach management and protection suggestions are defined and instruments for dealing with and troubleshooting are mentioned in addition. unique eventualities illustrate the various beneficial properties of Domino 6 on Linux, particularly consumer registration, listing synchronization, making a Domino program, and gaining access to exterior info utilizing DB2 and MySQL. We describe easy methods to configure Domino as an online server, together with the hot safeguard thoughts particular to the HTTP protocol in Domino 6. recommendations and methods for virus safety and knowledge backups are awarded, in addition to information about the various third-party software program applications on hand that can assist you with those administration projects. This redbook is written for directors with robust Domino and home windows working process talents, yet who're no longer specialists on Linux. as a result, we exhibit intimately find out how to set up and configure a Linux working method in your server, yet do not spend an excessive amount of time explaining simple Domino good points. as an alternative, we concentrate on demonstrating that Linux is a superb platform on which to run Domino 6.
By Keir Thomas, Sander van Vugt, Emilio Raggi, Trevor Parsons, Andy Channelle
Ubuntu Linux is the quickest becoming Linux-based working process, and starting Ubuntu Linux, 5th variation teaches all of us—including those that have by no means used Linux—how to take advantage of it productively, even if you return from home windows or the Mac or the realm of open source.
Beginning Ubuntu Linux, 5th version exhibits you the way to use Lucid Lynx. in keeping with the best-selling prior variation, Emilio Raggi continues an excellent stability among instructing Ubuntu and introducing new positive factors. no matter if you objective to exploit it in the house or within the place of work, you'll be brought to the realm of Ubuntu Linux, from basic note processing to utilizing cloud providers. You'll easy methods to keep an eye on the Ubuntu process, that you simply put in from the book's DVD, as you're guided via universal projects resembling configuring the system's graphical person interface (GUI), hearing audio CDs and MP3s, generating records, utilizing VoIP and chat, and naturally, common process maintenance.
This e-book additionally provides a chain of complete tutorials on Ubuntu management and security—essential for any Ubuntu user—while now not neglecting concerns relating place of work purposes and the cloud.
By Rami Rosen
Linux Kernel Networking takes you on a guided in-depth journey of the present Linux networking implementation and the speculation at the back of it. Linux kernel networking is a posh subject, so the booklet won't burden you with subject matters ultimately on the topic of networking. This publication also will no longer overload you with bulky line-by-line code walkthroughs in a roundabout way concerning what you're trying to find; you'll locate simply what you wish, with in-depth reasons in every one bankruptcy and a short reference on the finish of every chapter.
Linux Kernel Networking is the single up to date reference consultant to figuring out how networking is applied, and it'll be vital in future years when you consider that such a lot of units now use Linux or working structures according to Linux, like Android, and because Linux is so ordinary within the information heart enviornment, together with Linux-based virtualization applied sciences like Xen and KVM.