By Alissa Haight Carlton
The quilting bee will get a latest makeover
* From the creators of well known web publication, blockpartyquilting.com
* permit cross of "the ideas" with 12 enjoyable, funky, and improvisational projects
* the elemental recommendations are outlined-from cloth choice to duvet tops to binding
* tasks are ideal for either newbie and skilled quilters
In this inspiring ebook, quilting mavericks Alissa and Kristen chronicle their year-long "virtual" quilting bee. Twelve chapters (one for every month) show off the designs of present day major smooth quilters besides easy-to-follow guidance, so that you can reinvent their paintings on your personal signature variety. better of all, with this ebook in hand, you should have every thing you want to commence your individual on-line quilting bee and revel in taking part with different cloth fanatics round the world.
Read or Download Block Party - The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog, & 12 Improvisational Projects PDF
Best needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Hand-stitched playing cards for all events, a number of kinds, classical, modern and eccentric, and step by step directions for sewing and completing, make this the proper creation to generating customized greetings playing cards.
From the beautiful delicacy of good chinese language porcelain to the folk-art think of real Delft pottery to the normal elegance of a summer time sky, the colours blue and white have a vintage attractiveness.
;20 vacation Craft tasks КНИГИ ; ХОББИ и РЕМЕСЛА Название: 20 vacation Craft initiatives Автор: inventive Arts membership Издательство: Fave Crafts Год: 2009 ISBN: нет Страниц: 60 Язык: English Формат: PDF Размер файла: 2. eighty three МбУже скоро начинается ряд праздников конца года, и artistic Arts membership хотел бы поделиться интересными проектами, посвященными этому.
Use colour, price, scale, stability, and cohesion to create smashing quilts. directions for 5 layout techniques stroll you step-by-step throughout the key parts of layout thought.
- Happy Holiday Celebrations
- Patchwork tecnica y modelos
- New Directions in Chenille
- Vickie Howell's Pop Goes Crochet!: 36 Projects Inspired by Icons of Popular Culture
- Bruges flower lace
Additional resources for Block Party - The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog, & 12 Improvisational Projects
Flip over the fabric-covered paper and trim off and fold down the second piece of fabric, fingerpressing it firmly onto the glued surface. If you run your fingernail along the seam, it will lie flat. Continue stitching and gluing fabrics until you have covered the entire strip of paper. the excess fabric along the paper edges, using a ruler and rotary cutter. You have now finished a pretty strip of piecing! 6. Carefully tear off the paper from the back of the strip. This is where you will be happy you set your stitch length to very short!
Cut a template from freezer paper the same size as the unfinished block—in this case, 151/2˝ × 151/2˝. Crease it along a diagonal, from corner to corner, and set it aside. You can use any large paper to create the template, but we like freezer paper from the grocery store because you can iron the shiny side of the freezer paper to the block at the end. When you trim, the template stays in place. No slipping, and you wind up with accurate blocks! 3. Sew the longest strip to the long edge of the triangle.
1. Stack 2 contrasting 12˝ squares with right sides facing up. March: Wonky Nine-Patch Block 29 2. Use a rotary cutter and a ruler to cut them 4. Sew a block together by sewing the pieces into into 9 wonky pieces by cutting 2 rows and 2 columns. Do not be scared of wonk! Embrace it. Make those lines crooked and off-kilter. rows, pressing, and then sewing the rows to each other and pressing again. Trim the block to a 101/2˝ × 101/2˝ square. Repeat for the second block. You now have 2 wonky Nine-Patch blocks!