By Susan Purney Mark
Designer Susan Purney Mark makes superb use of strip units and angled cuts in 9 attractive initiatives, establishing up fascinating new layout possibilities.
- Insert daring accessory strips to accomplish a refreshingly diversified look
- Use blocks in a number of ways--in borders, duvet facilities, repeat-block quilts, and more
- Enhance your layout with raw-edge appliqué
Read or Download Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Hand-stitched playing cards for all events, a number of kinds, classical, modern and kooky, and step by step directions for sewing and completing, make this the perfect creation to generating customized greetings playing cards.
From the beautiful delicacy of excellent chinese language porcelain to the folk-art think of actual Delft pottery to the usual beauty of a summer time sky, the colours blue and white have a vintage attractiveness.
;20 vacation Craft initiatives КНИГИ ; ХОББИ и РЕМЕСЛА Название: 20 vacation Craft tasks Автор: inventive Arts membership Издательство: Fave Crafts Год: 2009 ISBN: нет Страниц: 60 Язык: English Формат: PDF Размер файла: 2. eighty three МбУже скоро начинается ряд праздников конца года, и inventive Arts membership хотел бы поделиться интересными проектами, посвященными этому.
How to use colour, worth, scale, stability, and cohesion to create smashing quilts. directions for 5 layout techniques stroll you step-by-step throughout the key parts of layout idea.
- Fresh Fabric Treats: 16 Yummy Projects to Sew from Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes & More with Your Favorite Moda Bake Shop Designers
- Learn Needle Tatting Step-by-Step
- Quilt-lovers Favorites: From American Patchwork Quilting (Volume 5)
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
Additional resources for Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts
Flip over the fabric-covered paper and trim off and fold down the second piece of fabric, fingerpressing it firmly onto the glued surface. If you run your fingernail along the seam, it will lie flat. Continue stitching and gluing fabrics until you have covered the entire strip of paper. the excess fabric along the paper edges, using a ruler and rotary cutter. You have now finished a pretty strip of piecing! 6. Carefully tear off the paper from the back of the strip. This is where you will be happy you set your stitch length to very short!
Cut a template from freezer paper the same size as the unfinished block—in this case, 151/2˝ × 151/2˝. Crease it along a diagonal, from corner to corner, and set it aside. You can use any large paper to create the template, but we like freezer paper from the grocery store because you can iron the shiny side of the freezer paper to the block at the end. When you trim, the template stays in place. No slipping, and you wind up with accurate blocks! 3. Sew the longest strip to the long edge of the triangle.
1. Stack 2 contrasting 12˝ squares with right sides facing up. March: Wonky Nine-Patch Block 29 2. Use a rotary cutter and a ruler to cut them 4. Sew a block together by sewing the pieces into into 9 wonky pieces by cutting 2 rows and 2 columns. Do not be scared of wonk! Embrace it. Make those lines crooked and off-kilter. rows, pressing, and then sewing the rows to each other and pressing again. Trim the block to a 101/2˝ × 101/2˝ square. Repeat for the second block. You now have 2 wonky Nine-Patch blocks!